My Blog List

Monday, March 14, 2011

For Today, Monday, March 14, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...The oak trees are offering up tiny delicate new leaves to Lady Spring.

I am thinking...that I have so very much to do but that I love my day so far.
I am thankful for...the people in my life who continue to love me.  I am thankful  for their safety and well being when others are so distressed.

From the kitchen...came three perfectly poached eggs with the most vibrant yellow yolks.
I am wearing...my standard uniform of black shorts and a black shirt with my nifty new workout shoes.
I am creating...intention for myself with my new blog.
I am going...to take all the time I need to get things done.
I am reading...Still Life With Chickens by Catherine Goldhammer 
            and Stieg Larsson:Our Days In Stockholm by Kurdo Baksi.

I am hoping...that things begin to take a turn for the better for my family and for the world.
I am hearing...some tiny baby sparrows under under the eaves of my house.  They started begging for food two days ago and their poor mama and papa must be exhasued by now.

Around the house...it is very still and sweet as the day stretches toward the late afternoon.
One of my favorite things...is my little dog curled up here beside me as I type.
A few plans for the rest of the week:  deepen my commitment to making my body stronger and more capable by going to the gym.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...This photo is from the south of England.  I found it on the wall of a tithe barn last October.  A tithe barn is where the landlords stored the tithes from those who farmed his land.  Oftentimes the tithes were produce because the farmers had no money.  I visited several of these tithe barns throughout the region and for me, they were magical places.  I especially love the intersecting circles that represent intersecting lives as people came and went from the barn.  


The idea for today's post comes from The Simple Woman's Daybook website.  I do not yet know how to include all the pertinent info and link for them but I will work on figuring it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment