My Blog List

Friday, February 25, 2011

Celebrate Small Things

At the end of my journal for 2010 I wrote that I was hoping for a better year in 2011. So far, that hasn't happened in a big way. It has, however, happened in small ways. It is good to stop and look at small things. Appreciate them. Children know to do this. I think, as adults, we forget and need to be reminded. Small things can get lost so easily. What small things have happened that are worthy of appreciation? A heart warming phone call. A card in the mail that made tears spring to my eyes. A teeny tiny voice on Skype singing Do Re Mi. My dog looking anxiously from behind the front door as I come across the porch. The teeny tiny buds on my fig tree. And on my roses. Yes, let's celebrate small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment